Monday 25 October 2010

The Pen Are Pure Gold

So I’m just going to post seven weird and wacky facts today:

1) One of my teacher’s thought that Mohammed’s name was Nohammed. I don’t actually have anything to say about that, but it’s hilarious.

2) The weather here is bizarre! It hailed today, and it was probably 80˚ at the time. It’s really warm down here, but it must be pretty cold up there.

3) 100% of West Africans can dance better than me. I know that because I watched them in yesterday’s cultural show. I gave a stupid slideshow about the U.K., and all of them rocked out on the stage.

4) In the same cultural show, I also wore a football jersey to present the US, and I discovered that Patriots jerseys (or at least the ones sold to fans) are made in Russia! I think Bill Belichik has been outsourcing. Or the Cold War is still on and they've got us where it really matters.

5) I’ve been looking at student feedback on the Leadership and Entrepreneurship curriculum as part of my job, and there is a mass epidemic sweeping across this continent. Yes, I am talking about the widespread misspelling of “Integrity”. Students of ALA! It is not “Intergrity”. INTEGRITY.

6) Also, since you’ve been taking it as a class for a full 13 months, you should all be able to spell the word “Entrepreneurship” by now! A truly woeful number of you add a superfluous u’s and r’s. ENTREPRENEURSHIP.

7) Somewhere on campus, there’s someone who does a lot of eavesdropping, because they take the interesting things that they hear and post them on the notice boards. Sometimes I think they get desperate, but on the whole it’s a very interesting part of my day. Wherever you are, Mr./Mrs. “Amaricop”, I regret to tell you that you missed some fantastic words of wisdom from my roommate the other day. Here’s what he had to say:



Grammatically imperfect though that sentence may be it, is one of the purest truths I’ve heard all year. As Boubacar went on to elaborate, “You write a lot, but you have only one pen.” He’s right; ALA biro-hunger is at an all time high. Four different people have tried to pilfer my pens this term. One individual in particular was not even content to stop at the first one, which I actually gave him out of kindness (and a lack of mental fortitude to withstand his almost daily pestering). Are some people never content with a simple gift? As they say in Senegal:

1 comment:

  1. my pledge class is supposed to perform a dance every friday, and each week 30 more seconds get added...requiring 3 hours of practice. i can't do a sexy walk, or a roll...i just can't do 'sexy.'

    what kind of job are you doing?

    and what would you want in a care package? it looks like pen are extureemuly good things to have. lol. enough e's and u's? is there an american snack you're craving?

    ReplyDelete